St. Paul Temple

St. Paul Temple
Listen to General Conference April 4 & 5

Sunday 26 June 2016

Alright so this past week was better than the week before! We got a
text from comfort saying that she wasn't dropping us completely and
that she was just going through a lot with her dad and her family. Her
dad is still in Liberia and recently has had a ton of health problems.
This has been very tough for her and she even wants to go back to
Liberia to see him. Which for Liberians is a pretty big deal because
it is expensive and they usually stay there for several weeks if not
months because it is cheaper to stay there longer. So hopefully we
will be able to get back in to have some more lessons and help them to
eventually get baptized. Because right now it is not looking like it
will happen very soon.

I am just going to say that this week the principle of prayer and
reliance on the Lord has taken on a whole new meaning for me. For the
last little bit things have been pretty hard. We have been finding a
lot of new people but no one really goes anywhere after the first or
second lesson. And it is really hard to feel like your really
accomplishing  a lot when that kind of stuff happens. But after a lot
of reflection, talking with my incredible companion, and God. I have
just felt so much hope and joy it is awesome! Like you know those
prayers where you just talk to God like he is your best friend and he
is like right beside you? Ya those are he best. I feel like it can be
easy to say a lot of the same stuff in a lot of the same language with
prayer but it is way better to just pray to god like he is your
friend! With of course the r spect he deserves but I think you get my
point.

Also it's so not surprising to me that Baylee got engaged. It was
bound to happen sometime! It is a weird thing to kill your companion.
This is the third time I have had to kill a missionary and each time
has been different. Once with my trainer, another at my year mark, and
now another at my 20 month mark. So I'm pretty much a professional
missionary killer by now. But it's alright I guess. Sorry if my emails
have been short or whatever but sometimes it is hard to get to
emailing. But ya! Today we watched the singles ward for Pday. It's
still as cheesy as I remembered it. Anyways love ya!

Elder Long

No comments:

Post a Comment