St. Paul Temple

St. Paul Temple
Listen to General Conference April 4 & 5

Monday 6 April 2015

New Area!!



So as you know I got transferred to Andover which is about 30 miles north of the cities. Elder Foggin was trained in this area to so that is cool! A lot of people in this area know him. Our area covers parts of a few different cities; Andover, Coon Rapids, Ham Lake, and Oak Grove. It is a pretty big Area. Also we got a Brand new 2015 Chevy Cruse its so sweeeeet. Actually I think I like the Subaru better. it had more guts. But anyway Something new about this area is that we don't tract for 5-7 hours everyday!!!! WOOOOO!!!! haha we still do but only like 1-3 hours. I mean I like tracting but Actually teaching people is a lot more fun. there are a lot of recent converts in this area so we do a lot of recent convert work. One guy's name is Brother Gboti(pronounced Bootie) he is in his 60's and he is from Liberia. He is awesome. So solid. Also another Recent convert is Brother Gray. He is also in his 60's and he loves to hug EVERYBODY he is funny. There are a lot of sweet people here. The Macfarlen family even gave us Easter baskets last night at dinner... we have a lot of candy now. flip.  Also is there a bunch of Ehlerts from Southern Alberta? Because I guess there are people here with that last name who are from Alberta. Also My new district leader Elder Smith is from Victoria BC!!! MY Canadian Brother!! SO cool. He has been to southern AB before to because he has family there. My new companion Elder Howe has been in this area for 7.5 months now... so I most likely will be taking over the area at the end of this transfer but hey you never know right? So he pretty much knows this area super well. He is from Birmingham Alabama which is awesome because I am still holding the streak of zero companions from Utah!!!! i am bound to break it soon but for now I will rejoice. Just kidding I know a lot of missionaries from Utah who are awesome it is just funny that I haven't had any yet. So we will see what happens. 

General Conference was AWESOME!!! wow I have never gotten so much oput of conference in my whole entire life. There are like 5 talks that I especially enjoyed: Elder Oaks, Elder Bednar, Elder Wilford Andersen, Elder Soares, and Elder Eyring's second one. And obvs Elder Hollands that one is a given. I just don't have a lot of notes from him because he had me locked in for the whole thing. So good, But ya It focused a lot on families. How the worlds laws will change but God's laws will never change. And what may be called "politically Correct" isn't always correct in God's eyes. I hope that everyone will study the words of our inspired leaders and make plans to change our lives because of them. Cuz I know that I am! Here is just a line out of conference that I really enjoy, 
"The Church is like a big hospital, Everybody is sick!"
Just that we are all imperfect people trying to serve in the only perfect person's church. I am so thankful for the opportunity to listen to the Lords servants on earth. I love listening to there inspired words and I am in the process of making goals and plans to become more like the savior because of them. And remember, "If your not hearing the music in your home(life), Keep Practicing!!" 

Elder Long

No comments:

Post a Comment