St. Paul Temple

St. Paul Temple
Listen to General Conference April 4 & 5

Tuesday 20 October 2015

Apostle

Heyyooo!! Man this week has been pretty fun. This past weekend was
stake conference in Duluth and we drove all 3 1/2 hours to get their
with the Holden's! They are so cool. Brother Holden is from England
and his dad was a professional soccer player. He even played for
England. And brother Holden also went to seminary wi Alex Boye! How
cool is that?! So cool. They are so sweet. Saturday night we slept
over at the zone leaders place and I'm pretty sure their was about 14
Elders in there total... It was pretty fun I'm not going to lie. There
has been a new trend of Hacki-Sacking throughout our house and it's
starting to catch on everywhere. We're pretty much as hipster as you
can get... 😎

But stake conference was actually really great! I got to meet Neil L.
Anderson and he is pretty cool. I talked to him about how How his talk
really helped one of our investigators and it was just awesome! He
told a bunch of apostle stories that are always funny.

And yesterday was great too! President Forbes and sister Forbes came
up for interviews and training. afterwards they took us to Pizza Hut.
They are the coolest! I love president Forbes. And sister Forbes.

Oh and how can I forget the other awesome part of this week! So guess
who I got to talk on the phone with?! The one and only LL Cool J Elder
Heggie himself!! He called and he had a referral for the Elders in
Duluth. So we got to chat for a good little while too! It was super
cool. It sounds like he is doing really great! I could tell somethings
have changed... But some things haven't haha. Like his ability to talk
my ear off haha. His mission is definitely a lot different than mine..

Also today till Thursday morning the zone leaders are staying with us
and going on exchanges. It's super fun as well. I feel like I am
making it sound like I'm just having a party all the time? Well in a
way yes... But I'm still working don't worry! Hah. Also this Sunday
elder Hawkes and Elder smith are leaving to make the long journey down
to Bloomington to get ready to go home.. So next week I will be
getting a new companion! I'm hoping his is cool because I'm probably
going to be with whoever it is for a good while.

This past couple weeks my testimony of prayer has grown so much. It's
like i finally figured out the system to receiving answers to prayer.
It's pretty cool I'm not going to lie. Like we can pray and literally
Recieve an answer! But unlike the rich young ruler, we need to have
the faith to accept whatever answer we receive.

Elder Long

P.S
Ponderize scripture of the week for me is Alma 34:27
27 Yea, and when you do not cry unto the Lord, let your hearts be
full, drawn out in prayer unto him continually for your welfare, and
also for the welfare of those who are around you.

No comments:

Post a Comment