St. Paul Temple

St. Paul Temple
Listen to General Conference April 4 & 5

Monday 16 February 2015

Hello family!! 
So first off last night was one of the coolest nights so far! We went to the Mission Presidents Fireside, which is a fireside where recent converts speak about their conversion story. WELL we are just sitting their listening away and it started to fill up.. a lot. Then the last speaker gets up and guess who it is?! Matt Asiata the starting runninback for the Vikings!!!! I had no idea he was mormon! His talk was really good he talked about how he grew up in the church but football took him away from it. And because of injuries he turned to God for answers. Now he makes it to church whenever he can and is super solid! So as you can tell, jacked. And don't worry mom I'm getting a haircut today. So that was really awesome.
 In other news, I found out who my new companion is! His name is Elder Chou. Not sure what country he is from all I know is that he is some sort of asian. But I am super excited beacuse I don't have to worry about stupid Canada jokes anymore!! I meet him on wednesday so I will have more info on that next week.
 For investigators, Carrie is doing good still! Unfortunately she got caught up with some stuff so she wasn't able to attend the mission president fireside :(. However we are going to see her tonight to go over her baptismal calendar. The biggest things that we are working on with her are getting her kids more involved. which will be easy as we start meeting in members homes.
 I wish I had more time to Write! I'm at the Kirchmann's and I'm up next for haircuts. This last week with Elder Shurtleff has been pretty crazy... I swear I will never tell anyone how long I have been out when I have been out at least a year. He has just been getting blasted by the members about going home next week and how he is so trunky(which he isn't). I have never eaten so much in a week either. So all in all It has been an alright week! I've never been more scared in my life about taking over the area but why complain right??Life is good, the gospel is true, and the work don't stop! I'm glad to hear that everything is going well back home. Kansas NO BOYFRIENDS!!!! ew. Love you all and appreciate everything! talk to you later!

Elder Long

No comments:

Post a Comment